Training [+] [+] | August 15, 2014
Jesé continued his recovery, and Modrić stayed indoors because of back pain. Pepe trained alone, and Bale finished the session on his own.
Squad list | Warsaw arrival
Absences: Jesé, Modrić (injury) || Isco (expecting child’s birth)
Ancelotti and Navas press conference | August 16, 2014
- CA: Navas to start; players who returned late (Khedira, Marcelo, Di María) will get some minutes to improve fitness; Ronaldo may play a half; Bale (back) and Pepe (calf) won’t be risked today
- Nothing’s changed in regards to Khedira and Di María statuses; no more signings to be made this window
- Decision not made for which GK will start the Supercopa
- KN: teammates treating him well, although he’s closest to James because they’re staying in the same hotel
- After winning one title, he wants more.
- He’s at the coach’s disposal and is learning from Casillas to improve as a player.
- Assistant coach Clement tells Talk Sport he doesn’t think there will be much movement in the roster before the transfer window closes because the squad isn’t large (20 outfield, 3 keepers).
- Sales for this season’s away shirts have exceeded expectations; the women’s shirts are completely sold out at the El Carmen official store.
Kickoff vs Fiorentina is Saturday, 8:45 pm CEST | 2:45 pm EDT.